onsdag, april 16, 2008

Jemen: åttaårig flicka bortgift, fick skilsmässa


"En åttaårig flicka i Jemen giftes bort med en 30-årig man, som hade sex med henne.

Som tur är fick hon ut skilsmässa. "

"Her lawyer compared the case to thousands of others in Yemen, which has no minimum age of marriage. She said advocates are pushing for laws that would make 18 the minimum age of marriage."
"Nasser said that she was exposed to sexual abuse and domestic violence by her husband. “He used to do bad things to me, and I had no idea as to what a marriage is.
I would run from one room to another in order to escape, but in the end he would catch me and beat me and then continued to do what he wanted. I cried so much but no one listened to me. One day I ran away from him and came to the court and talked to them"

Läs mer och diskutera på FOMI

Inga kommentarer: